The Department of Public Administration values the connections we maintain with our alumni, and we take pride in the impressive career paths our alumni have taken.
PA Partners Newsletter
What We Can Do For You
- CUPPA Alumni Association Membership: The CUPPA-AA gives graduates of the University of Illinois at Chicago’s College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs a chance to stay in touch with the college, network with other alumni, and improve the educational experience of current students.
- CUPPA Alumni Career Center: The CUPPA Dean’s Office and Academic Programs hope that this website will be useful for your employment search needs. Any questions or comments can be emailed to email@example.com and will be taken into consideration. Furthermore, we encourage students and recent graduates to view jobs posted on both the PA and UPP pages of this website. Lastly, if you would like to post a job annoucement, please email the detailed job description to firstname.lastname@example.org in a Word or PDF document.
- Social Networking and Professional Development Opportunities: Life Long Learning Day has become an annual tradition at the College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs. It’s a day to return to school and learn from faculty, practitioners, and fellow alumni about current topics and skills pertinent to the fields of planning and public administration.
- Capstone Course Projects: During their last two semesters, our masters students are required to take part in a project-based course that involves applying their education through doing work for an outside organization. If your organization has a project that might be appropriate for this course, please contact Margaret LaPorte at 312-996-5129 or email@example.com.
What You Can Do For Us
- Serve on alumni panels for current PA students: The Public Administration Student Association regularly organizes alumni panels to discuss careers and contemporary issues in PA. Please contact Sharon Hayes (312-996-2160 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in participating.
- Serve as guest speakers in PA classrooms: Alumni are a valuable resource for faculty who sometimes ask graduates to give guest lectures on their area of expertise. Please contact Sharon Hayes (312-996-2160 or email@example.com) if you would like to participate in an upcoming Alumni Class Speaker Program.
- Identify projects for our Capstone Course: The MPA Program is seeking capstone projects for upcoming semesters. The Capstone Course allows students to gain experience working on a project that addresses a problem for an outside organization If you are employed with an agency that might appreciate student collaboration, please contact Margaret LaPorte at 312-996-5129 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jobs-4-Grads: Advise us of internship and job opportunities, please contact Margaret LaPorte at 312-996-5129 or email@example.com
- Participate in our annual Career Fair: Advise us of internship and job opportunities at your current place of work. If you would like to forward information regarding internship or job opportunities, please contact Margaret LaPorte at 312-996-5129 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a Gift: The College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs Advancement Office is the fund-raising arm of CUPPA. We greatly appreciate the financial support our alumni and other donors have provided.
My graduate experience in the UIC Department of Public Administration prepared me for my role in higher education as well as equipped me with the tools necessary to lead change and innovative management in other government and nonprofit organizations. The blend of current theory and applied knowledge is a strength of the UIC curriculum. The faculty are leaders in public administration research and engage students in thoughtful dialogue and challenging projects. The administrative staff is very encouraging and offers great support and service to students.