The Department of Public Administration values the connections we maintain with our alumni, and we take pride in the impressive career paths our alumni have taken.
PA Partners Newsletter
What We Can Do For You
- CUPPA Alumni Association Membership: The CUPPA-AA gives graduates of the University of Illinois at Chicago’s College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs a chance to stay in touch with the college, network with other alumni, and improve the educational experience of current students.
- CUPPA Alumni Career Center: The CUPPA Dean’s Office and Academic Programs hope that this website will be useful for your employment search needs. Any questions or comments can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be taken into consideration. Furthermore, we encourage students and recent graduates to view jobs posted on both the PA and UPP pages of this website. Lastly, if you would like to post a job annoucement, please email the detailed job description to email@example.com in a Word or PDF document.
- Social Networking and Professional Development Opportunities: Life Long Learning Day has become an annual tradition at the College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs. It’s a day to return to school and learn from faculty, practitioners, and fellow alumni about current topics and skills pertinent to the fields of planning and public administration.
- Capstone Course Projects: During their last two semesters, our masters students are required to take part in a project-based course that involves applying their education through doing work for an outside organization. If your organization has a project that might be appropriate for this course, please contact Margaret LaPorte at 312-996-5129 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What You Can Do For Us
- Serve on alumni panels for current PA students: The Public Administration Student Association regularly organizes alumni panels to discuss careers and contemporary issues in PA. Please contact Sharon Hayes (312-996-2160 or email@example.com) if you are interested in participating.
- Serve as guest speakers in PA classrooms: Alumni are a valuable resource for faculty who sometimes ask graduates to give guest lectures on their area of expertise. Please contact Sharon Hayes (312-996-2160 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to participate in an upcoming Alumni Class Speaker Program.
- Identify projects for our Capstone Course: The MPA Program is seeking capstone projects for upcoming semesters. The Capstone Course allows students to gain experience working on a project that addresses a problem for an outside organization If you are employed with an agency that might appreciate student collaboration, please contact Margaret LaPorte at 312-996-5129 or email@example.com
- Jobs-4-Grads: Advise us of internship and job opportunities, please contact Margaret LaPorte at 312-996-5129 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participate in our annual Career Fair: Advise us of internship and job opportunities at your current place of work. If you would like to forward information regarding internship or job opportunities, please contact Margaret LaPorte at 312-996-5129 or email@example.com
- Make a Gift: The College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs Advancement Office is the fund-raising arm of CUPPA. We greatly appreciate the financial support our alumni and other donors have provided.
"Because of my interest in improving the human condition through public service, I chose to enter the MPA program at UIC. Chicago, rich in history, diversity, and politics, is the perfect place to learn about all aspects of public administration. For my Capstone team project, I was provided the opportunity to collaborate with a nonprofit organization on the West Side of Chicago to develop a training and professional development curriculum. As Public Service Chair of PASA, I have volunteered alongside many of my colleagues in different service projects in the Chicagoland area. I like how this MPA program provides opportunities for students to interact with each other in the classroom and outside the classroom environment. It is a flexible program that enables students working full-time the ability to take classes at night. I would highly recommend the MPA program at UIC to prospective students."