MPA Alum Nadia Shams wins 2nd place in GDN Competition

October 4, 2013

The Global Development Awards and Medals Competition aims to recognize innovative ideas and to encourage talented young researchers.

The competition specifically targets emerging researchers and development practitioners from developing countries and emerging economies. The main purpose of the competition is to channelize funds to where other types of funding cannot reach.
UIC MPA Alum Nadia Shams took 2nd place for the Most Innovative Development Project with her project “Promoting Infolady for Building Inclusive Information and Knowledge System (PILBIIKS). Nadia graduated with her Master in Public Administration in the 2006. Below you will find videos of the awards ceremony along with an interview of Nadia. Congratulations!

Alumni Testimonials

Jeanne Chiu

MPA 2010

"Because of my interest in improving the human condition through public service, I chose to enter the MPA program at UIC. Chicago, rich in history, diversity, and politics, is the perfect place to learn about all aspects of public administration. For my Capstone team project, I was provided the opportunity to collaborate with a nonprofit organization on the West Side of Chicago to develop a training and professional development curriculum. As Public Service Chair of PASA, I have volunteered alongside many of my colleagues in different service projects in the Chicagoland area. I like how this MPA program provides opportunities for students to interact with each other in the classroom and outside the classroom environment. It is a flexible program that enables students working full-time the ability to take classes at night. I would highly recommend the MPA program at UIC to prospective students."

Support for Student Success