2013-14 Mentoring Program, Applications due Sept 13

September 11, 2013
The CUPPA Alumni Association Student Alumni Connection Committee has opened applications for student protégés. The 2013-14 Mentoring Program connects volunteer CUPPA Alumni  with current MPA and MUPP graduate students with similar career goals. The mentoring program makes the match, hosts a kick-off event in October, and sends monthly newsletters with tips and networking events throughout the 8 month commitment.

If you are interested in participating in the Mentoring Program, the application for students can be accessed by clicking here.   Applications are due September 13th at 5:00 P.M. Please note space is limited. We try to match each applicant, but filling out the application does not guarantee you a spot in the program.

If you have any questions you may view Mentoring FAQs or email us at cuppasacc@gmail.com.

Alumni Testimonials

Jeanne Chiu

MPA 2010

"Because of my interest in improving the human condition through public service, I chose to enter the MPA program at UIC. Chicago, rich in history, diversity, and politics, is the perfect place to learn about all aspects of public administration. For my Capstone team project, I was provided the opportunity to collaborate with a nonprofit organization on the West Side of Chicago to develop a training and professional development curriculum. As Public Service Chair of PASA, I have volunteered alongside many of my colleagues in different service projects in the Chicagoland area. I like how this MPA program provides opportunities for students to interact with each other in the classroom and outside the classroom environment. It is a flexible program that enables students working full-time the ability to take classes at night. I would highly recommend the MPA program at UIC to prospective students."

Support for Student Success