Dr. Merriman Quoted in Charlotte News- Observer

April 29, 2013

The Charlotte News-Observer quotes David Merriman, professor of public administration and economics, on complicated tax codes that can allow
politicians to write in benefits for particular groups. http://bit.ly/18fT03o

Alumni Testimonials

Jeanne Chiu

MPA 2010

"Because of my interest in improving the human condition through public service, I chose to enter the MPA program at UIC. Chicago, rich in history, diversity, and politics, is the perfect place to learn about all aspects of public administration. For my Capstone team project, I was provided the opportunity to collaborate with a nonprofit organization on the West Side of Chicago to develop a training and professional development curriculum. As Public Service Chair of PASA, I have volunteered alongside many of my colleagues in different service projects in the Chicagoland area. I like how this MPA program provides opportunities for students to interact with each other in the classroom and outside the classroom environment. It is a flexible program that enables students working full-time the ability to take classes at night. I would highly recommend the MPA program at UIC to prospective students."

Support for Student Success