Dr. Mastracci Wins Book Award

April 29, 2013

Congrats to Professor Sharon Mastracci, whose book, “Emotional Labor and Crisis Response: Working on the Razor’s Edge”, has been selected for the 2013 Academy of Management Public-Nonprofit (PNP) Division Best Book Award. The book competed with some very fine scholarship and won based on its solid empirical foundation and theoretical contribution to public-nonprofit management theory.

Alumni Testimonials

Jeanne Chiu

MPA 2010

"Because of my interest in improving the human condition through public service, I chose to enter the MPA program at UIC. Chicago, rich in history, diversity, and politics, is the perfect place to learn about all aspects of public administration. For my Capstone team project, I was provided the opportunity to collaborate with a nonprofit organization on the West Side of Chicago to develop a training and professional development curriculum. As Public Service Chair of PASA, I have volunteered alongside many of my colleagues in different service projects in the Chicagoland area. I like how this MPA program provides opportunities for students to interact with each other in the classroom and outside the classroom environment. It is a flexible program that enables students working full-time the ability to take classes at night. I would highly recommend the MPA program at UIC to prospective students."

Support for Student Success