Karen Mossberger quoted in Cleveland Media

April 12, 2013

Cleveland media reported on a study by Karen Mossberger, professor and head of public administration, that found that one third of adults in Cuyahoga
County have no broadband access at home. They included seniors, African Americans, and low-income or low-education residents.
Cleveland Plain Dealer:

http://bit.ly/12RWrQm

Alumni Testimonials

Jeanne Chiu

MPA 2010

"Because of my interest in improving the human condition through public service, I chose to enter the MPA program at UIC. Chicago, rich in history, diversity, and politics, is the perfect place to learn about all aspects of public administration. For my Capstone team project, I was provided the opportunity to collaborate with a nonprofit organization on the West Side of Chicago to develop a training and professional development curriculum. As Public Service Chair of PASA, I have volunteered alongside many of my colleagues in different service projects in the Chicagoland area. I like how this MPA program provides opportunities for students to interact with each other in the classroom and outside the classroom environment. It is a flexible program that enables students working full-time the ability to take classes at night. I would highly recommend the MPA program at UIC to prospective students."

Support for Student Success