Public Service Careers for the College Student 4/15

April 2, 2013
 Event Details:Monday, April 15, 20133:00 Р6:00 PM

Location: National Guard Armory

1910 South Calumet Avenue

Chicago, IL 60616

Event Summary:

Interested in a career in public service?
There are many agencies within the federal government that hire from all majors with competitive starting salaries.
Did you know that many of the agencies hire grads with English, history and law degrees?
Are you interested in learning the difference between what you see on TV and the real job of forensic investigators?
If so, reserve your spot today for this exciting GCRC career event.
Event is free to GCRC university members!

RSVP
by April 10th
Email:
GCRCinfo@gmail.com
Include name, email & college/university attending.
Questions? Call Mary Myers at 815-753-7169 or
visit http://www.thegcrc.org

Alumni Testimonials

Jeanne Chiu

MPA 2010

"Because of my interest in improving the human condition through public service, I chose to enter the MPA program at UIC. Chicago, rich in history, diversity, and politics, is the perfect place to learn about all aspects of public administration. For my Capstone team project, I was provided the opportunity to collaborate with a nonprofit organization on the West Side of Chicago to develop a training and professional development curriculum. As Public Service Chair of PASA, I have volunteered alongside many of my colleagues in different service projects in the Chicagoland area. I like how this MPA program provides opportunities for students to interact with each other in the classroom and outside the classroom environment. It is a flexible program that enables students working full-time the ability to take classes at night. I would highly recommend the MPA program at UIC to prospective students."

Support for Student Success