PA Brown Bag Series

February 21, 2013

brownbagBring your lunch and listen to public administration faculty speak about their research interests and exciting projects they are working on. All are welcome to attend. Joins us at CUPPA Hall, Conference Room 110 from 12-1pm for the following presentations:

2/21 – “The Apportionment of Corporation Profits Among States for Tax Purposes” presented by David Merriman, Associate Director, Institute of Government and Public Affairs; Co-Director, Fiscal Futures Project; Professor, Public Administration

3/19 – “Access and Benefit-Sharing Policies, and Exchange of Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture” presented by Aseffa Wedajoo, Post Doctoral Research Associate, Science, Technology, and Environmental Policy, Department of Public Administration

4/23 – “Social Networks and Informal Collaboration in Public Schools”Michael Siciliano, Assistant Professor, Public Administration

For more information email Adrian Brown abrown54@uic.edu.

Alumni Testimonials

Jeanne Chiu

MPA 2010

"Because of my interest in improving the human condition through public service, I chose to enter the MPA program at UIC. Chicago, rich in history, diversity, and politics, is the perfect place to learn about all aspects of public administration. For my Capstone team project, I was provided the opportunity to collaborate with a nonprofit organization on the West Side of Chicago to develop a training and professional development curriculum. As Public Service Chair of PASA, I have volunteered alongside many of my colleagues in different service projects in the Chicagoland area. I like how this MPA program provides opportunities for students to interact with each other in the classroom and outside the classroom environment. It is a flexible program that enables students working full-time the ability to take classes at night. I would highly recommend the MPA program at UIC to prospective students."

Support for Student Success