Nonprofit Career Panel & PASA Social Event! 2/15 at 5:45pmFebruary 8, 2013
The Public Administration Student Association is excited to announce a Nonprofit Career Panel for current MPA students on Friday, Feb. 15, at CUPPA Hall, room 418 (we will send a follow-up email on the location soon). Food, refreshments and socializing begin at 5:45 p.m.; panel discussion starts at 6 p.m.
The panel will consist of five nonprofit sector employees who hold MPAs and are familiar with the skills and value MPAs bring to nonprofit careers. They’ll discuss what opportunities lie within the nonprofit field for those with MPA degrees, how they themselves began working in nonprofits, what they do in their current positions, and how their experience in an MPA program has helped them in their career.
Panelists will include:
- Carl Camacho, Manager, SEIU Member Education & Training Center
- Jeff Gawel, Director of Information Technology, Chapin Hall at the University of Chicago; also a professor in the UIC MPA program
- Maureen Hellwig, Senior Director of Programs, Erie Neighborhood House
- Kathy Kaminski, E-learning Coordinator, Training and Development Associates, Inc.
- Lynn Slawsky, Special Projects Coordinator, Office of Medical Education, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Practical, versatile, foundational, relevant, transformational.