Nonprofit Career Panel & PASA Social Event! 2/15 at 5:45pm

February 8, 2013

The Public Administration Student Association is excited to announce a Nonprofit Career Panel for current MPA students on Friday, Feb. 15, at CUPPA Hall, room 418 (we will send a follow-up email on the location soon). Food, refreshments and socializing begin at 5:45 p.m.; panel discussion starts at 6 p.m.

The panel will consist of five nonprofit sector employees who hold MPAs and are familiar with the skills and value MPAs bring to nonprofit careers. They’ll discuss what opportunities lie within the nonprofit field for those with MPA degrees, how they themselves began working in nonprofits, what they do in their current positions, and how their experience in an MPA program has helped them in their career.

Panelists will include:

• Carl Camacho, Manager, SEIU Member Education & Training Center
  • Jeff Gawel, Director of Information Technology, Chapin Hall at the University of Chicago; also a professor in the UIC MPA program
  • Maureen Hellwig, Senior Director of Programs, Erie Neighborhood House
  • Kathy Kaminski, E-learning Coordinator, Training and Development Associates, Inc.
  • Lynn Slawsky, Special Projects Coordinator, Office of Medical Education, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Don’t miss out on this highly informative career event! Please send RSVPs to Linsey Maughan at by Thursday, Feb. 14.
After the panel, take a walk with us to Jaks Tap, 901 W. Jackson, for a PASA social event.

Alumni Testimonials

Jeanne Chiu

MPA 2010

"Because of my interest in improving the human condition through public service, I chose to enter the MPA program at UIC. Chicago, rich in history, diversity, and politics, is the perfect place to learn about all aspects of public administration. For my Capstone team project, I was provided the opportunity to collaborate with a nonprofit organization on the West Side of Chicago to develop a training and professional development curriculum. As Public Service Chair of PASA, I have volunteered alongside many of my colleagues in different service projects in the Chicagoland area. I like how this MPA program provides opportunities for students to interact with each other in the classroom and outside the classroom environment. It is a flexible program that enables students working full-time the ability to take classes at night. I would highly recommend the MPA program at UIC to prospective students."

Support for Student Success