Call for Capstone Proposals

February 6, 2013

The MPA program is always looking for new agencies with which it can partner on future Capstone projects.  Project proposals are generally accepted up to two months in advance of the spring (January start date) and fall (August start date) terms. If you have a project-worthy proposal and want to take advantage of graduate student skill and collaboration, contact Margaret LaPorte at 312-996-5129 or mlapor1@uic.edu.

For more information please visit http://uicpacapstone.weebly.com/

Alumni Testimonials

Jeanne Chiu

MPA 2010

"Because of my interest in improving the human condition through public service, I chose to enter the MPA program at UIC. Chicago, rich in history, diversity, and politics, is the perfect place to learn about all aspects of public administration. For my Capstone team project, I was provided the opportunity to collaborate with a nonprofit organization on the West Side of Chicago to develop a training and professional development curriculum. As Public Service Chair of PASA, I have volunteered alongside many of my colleagues in different service projects in the Chicagoland area. I like how this MPA program provides opportunities for students to interact with each other in the classroom and outside the classroom environment. It is a flexible program that enables students working full-time the ability to take classes at night. I would highly recommend the MPA program at UIC to prospective students."

Support for Student Success