2013 Career Prep Event – 2/22/2013

February 5, 2013

2013 Career Prep Event

The CUPPA Alumni Association’s Student Alumni Connections Committee is hosting the 2013 Career Prep Event for students on Friday, February 22.   This popular event allows students to brush up their resume and improve interview skills prior to job hunting season.   Included are three career story presentations and a networking social at Jak’s Tap.    It’s a great opportunity to network with alumni!

3:00-4:00 p.m.  Career Stories: Three 15 minute segments of career highlights from different alums in a variety of planning fields.

• Andrew Sheils, MPA, First Deputy Director, City of Chicago Department of Finance
  • Matt Kuzma, MUPP, Director of Operations at GrubHub
  • Rebecca McFadden, MPA, Production Manager at the Chicago Symphony Orchestra
  • Nasutsa Mabwa, MUPP, Project Manager at McCaffrey Interests

4:00-5:30 p.m.  Option 1: Resume and Portfolio Review Workshop – one on one meetings with students to review either a resume or portfolio.   Option 2: Interview Skills – one on one “mock” interview or Q&A sessions.    5:30-8:00 p.m.  Networking social at Jak’s Tap (free pizza and cash bar)

Please RSVP by clicking here if you are interested in attending.   You can also RSVP to cuppasacc@gmail.com

Thank You, CUPPA Alumni Board – Student Alumni Connections Committee

Alumni Testimonials

Jeanne Chiu

MPA 2010

"Because of my interest in improving the human condition through public service, I chose to enter the MPA program at UIC. Chicago, rich in history, diversity, and politics, is the perfect place to learn about all aspects of public administration. For my Capstone team project, I was provided the opportunity to collaborate with a nonprofit organization on the West Side of Chicago to develop a training and professional development curriculum. As Public Service Chair of PASA, I have volunteered alongside many of my colleagues in different service projects in the Chicagoland area. I like how this MPA program provides opportunities for students to interact with each other in the classroom and outside the classroom environment. It is a flexible program that enables students working full-time the ability to take classes at night. I would highly recommend the MPA program at UIC to prospective students."

Support for Student Success