MPA Alum Conrad Pomykala Receives Lou Liay Spirit Award

January 9, 2013

The Lou Liay Spirit Award for Extraordinary Alumni Service was established in 2001 to commemorate the selfless dedication and loyalty to the University expressed by alumni volunteers. The honor is named for distinguished University of Illinois graduate Louis Liay. Since graduating from the Urbana campus in 1962, Liay has given the Alumni Association more than 20 years of service, retiring in 1998 as president of the organization. Conrad Pomykala graduated in 1991 with a Masters in Public Administration from the University of Illinois at Chicago. Conrad will be honored on January 9th at 7pm during the halftime show during the UIC Flames basketball game.

When: Jan. 9, 2013 at 7 p.m.
Where:UIC Pavilion at Halftime of UIC Men’s Basketball Game

Alumni Testimonials

Jeanne Chiu

MPA 2010

"Because of my interest in improving the human condition through public service, I chose to enter the MPA program at UIC. Chicago, rich in history, diversity, and politics, is the perfect place to learn about all aspects of public administration. For my Capstone team project, I was provided the opportunity to collaborate with a nonprofit organization on the West Side of Chicago to develop a training and professional development curriculum. As Public Service Chair of PASA, I have volunteered alongside many of my colleagues in different service projects in the Chicagoland area. I like how this MPA program provides opportunities for students to interact with each other in the classroom and outside the classroom environment. It is a flexible program that enables students working full-time the ability to take classes at night. I would highly recommend the MPA program at UIC to prospective students."

Support for Student Success