e-Government Workshop

April 10, 2011

The UIC e-Government Workshop brings together the best and the brightest in public service and information technology. These diverse stakeholders from across the region, including representatives from government, business and education, are committed to sharing government technology solutions foroperating in today’s fiscal environment. This year’s workshop will highlightways that government agencies can achieve economies in the use of information technology through collaboration – collaboration with the private sector through cloud computing, and collaboration between levels of government through shared services arrangements.

The 2011 UIC e-Government Workshop provides an exciting opportunity to learn from and network with your peers, as you identify common IT challenges and share useful solutions. In addition to networking with participants from other agencies and communities, you will have ample opportunity to interact with presenters and vendors.

This workshop is designed to fulfill requirements for the ICMA Voluntary Credentialing Program and is an excellent foundation for the UIC e-Government online certificate program. The UIC e-Government Workshop is hosted by the UIC Master of Public Administration program in partnership with a dozen outstanding professional organizations, and is funded in part by a grant from the UIC Institute for Policy and Civic Engagement. We look forward to seeing you on May 12, 2011.

Please visit http://www.uic.edu/depts/oee/egovernment/ for more details and to register for this event.

Alumni Testimonials

Jeanne Chiu

MPA 2010

"Because of my interest in improving the human condition through public service, I chose to enter the MPA program at UIC. Chicago, rich in history, diversity, and politics, is the perfect place to learn about all aspects of public administration. For my Capstone team project, I was provided the opportunity to collaborate with a nonprofit organization on the West Side of Chicago to develop a training and professional development curriculum. As Public Service Chair of PASA, I have volunteered alongside many of my colleagues in different service projects in the Chicagoland area. I like how this MPA program provides opportunities for students to interact with each other in the classroom and outside the classroom environment. It is a flexible program that enables students working full-time the ability to take classes at night. I would highly recommend the MPA program at UIC to prospective students."

Support for Student Success